Friday, February 19, 2010

Recipe: Lemon Whippersnappers Cookies

I got this recipe out of an old cook book (about mid to late 1800's I think) that was gifted to me. I've updated it a little to make it more modern, though I'm sure there are lots of other versions out there. These cookies are super simple and perfect for the lemon lover.

You'll need:
1 pkg. Lemon Cake Mix (18.25 oz)
2 cups Whipped Cream (4.5 oz) (or just over half a standard 8 oz Cool Whip container)
1 large Egg
Powdered/Confectioners Sugar
OPTIONAL: ¼ Lemon OR 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice



1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine Cake Mix, Whipped Cream, and Egg in large bowl. If desired, add juice from ¼ Lemon or 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice for extra lemon flavor.
3. Mix until blended.
4. Spoon rounded balls of batter into bowl of Confectioners Sugar and roll to coat.
5. Place 1” apart on greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes.

Makes about 40 cookies.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails